Jan Jordan is Westminster, Colorado’s reverse mortgage specialist and most reputable lender. Always available to answer your questions, she often travels the front range area to visit with current and prospective clients, and offer guidance to financial planners and real estate agents.
Reverse mortgages are available to many homeowners age 62 and older regardless of income or credit. Use it to increase retirement cash flow, assist with finances while living on a budget, or even to purchase a home.
Click here to contact Jan.
Westminster is the seventh most populous city in the state of Colorado and the 237th most populous city in the United States. The city ranks as the #2 most densely populated city in Colorado at 4,114 people per square mile putting it ahead of Denver and behind only Dupont (pop. 247.) Westminster is a part of the Denver-Aurora-Broomfield, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area and the Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area. In July 2006, it was ranked as the 24th best place to live in the USA by Money magazine.
Gold discovered in the South Platte River Valley in 1858 brought national attention to the area that would become Westminster, Colorado. The promise of fortune and the Land Act of 1862 encouraged many settlers from the east to make Colorado their home instead of heading on to California. Before the settlements came, wildlife like antelope and buffalo made their homes in this area. There is also evidence of Arapaho Indians near the Crown Point (Gregory Hill) area.
After the first permanent white settler, Pleasant DeSpain, built his home in 1870 on 160 acres (near what is now West 76th Avenue and Lowell Street), the area became known as DeSpain Junction and began attracting other settlers including horse breeder Edward Bruce Bowles who was instrumental in constructing the town’s train depot in 1881. In 1885, Connecticut real estate developer C.J.Harris arrived in DeSpain Junction and began buying up land. Soon the town was renamed Harris, but was also known as Darell Park.
In 1891, construction began on the Westminster Castle, which can still be seen today at West 83rd Avenue and Federal Boulevard. By 1911, the town had incorporated and was renamed one final time to Westminster, in honor of Westminster University.